Body acne is just like facial acne, and anyone can get it. Acne of the body develops the same exact way that acne on the face does. The only difference is that the pores on the body are larger than the pore on your face, so the acne breakout on the body is more likely to be a lot more severe. Also keep in mind that acne can develop on any part of the body except for the palms of your hands, or the bottom of your feet. This is due to the fact that these are the only two places on your body that do not contain sebaceous follicles. Any little bumps that you see on your body just might be small acne breakout.
What Causes Body Acne?
There are many things that can be the cause of an acne breakout. Even though we are not sure exactly what causes acne, we know that anything that irritates the skin cause for acne to appear. If you are experiencing issues with body acne, try to make sure that you are wearing clothing that is made of a soft cotton fabric. This allows your skin to breathe and stay cool, anything thick or heavy would irritate the skin and cause you to sweat, making the body acne condition worse. The same goes for tight fitting clothing, try to avoid it as much as possible. Tight fitting clothing does not let the skin breathe, trapping the sweat against your body. This is what leads to the clogging of your pores and the developing of the acne.
The Psychological Impact
The psychological impact on those that suffer from body acne can be severe. People that suffer from facial acne alone, deal with self-esteem issues already. Imagine having you face and body covered with acne and how devastating that would be. People that suffer from acne often suffer with emotional issues. There are many activities that people with body acne tend to avoid. Body acne sufferers will likely not attend a pool party or play a sport where the uniforms would expose their body. This leaves them out of many fun activities having an extreme impact on them psychologically.
Lots of people that have body acne really do not care for the summer months. When the temperature is hot and most everyone else is wearing short or short dresses, people with body acne will choose to wear long sleeve shirts or long pants in order to keep the acne bumps out of sight.
Because of body acne, any acne for that matter, many people tend to with draw themselves from social events. They are embarrassed with their appearance and are afraid that they will be judged on that. They feel that they do not look the same as other people that do not suffer from acne. This leads to a much lower self-confidence. It often leads to them not caring at all about their appearance, making a bad situation, that much worse, or they over compensate in dress, trying to look better in other ways. Pureternal Anti Aging Cream is just one new product on the market that is supposed to help with moisturizing and keeping the oil from your pores. This will obviously help keep your skin clearer as well as hydrated.
It can also lead to behavior that is not wanted, such as becoming overly aggressive, rebellious and angry.
Body Acne Treatment Options
There are a few treatments that one can use to help control body acne.
- Gentle skin cleansing is the most effective method for light cases of moderate body acne.
- Taking a shower in the morning and at night on a daily basis removes dirt oil that builds up on your skin and can clog your pores.
- Using body washes and antibacterial soaps are highly recommended. Do not use any perfumes or colognes while you are wet, as this will get into your pores, cause a burning sensation and make the acne worse. Use anti-bacterial powders instead if you want to put on a scent.
- Powder will also keep your body cool, and prevent sweat from building up and clogging your pores.
- There are special soaps that have been created for people that suffer from body acne, but they are also for specific skin types. Only use if your skin type falls under the user guidelines.
- You may not like the smell of it, but apple cider vinegar is excellent for removing pimples and killing bacteria that causes acne. It is safe for all skin types and absorbs all excess oils.